Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Good friends

I've been feeling really blessed lately to have two little girls who, despite their almost 3-year difference in age, are pretty good friends already. They entertain each other and love each other.  Emilia looks out for her baby sister and cooks up ways to make her giggle.  Mira thinks Emilia is the best thing on the planet and wants to do everything she does and be near her all the time.  Mira will sit and play for an hour as long as Emilia is nearby. They amaze me.

Emilia loves playing the game Pretty Pretty Princess.  Mira decided she, of course, had to do what her sister was doing, so I let her help me spin and put the jewelry on her.  Emilia won. But Bubby looked pretty adorable in all the stuff.


This is at one of Mira's check-ups.  Emilia figured out that Mira liked the sound of the paper on the exam table/bed/thing.
I was in the bathroom one day getting ready and I heard Mira giggling.  This is what I found when I went out to the livingroom:

One of Emilia's chores is to separate the clothes in her hamper into lights and darks when I do laundry.  She can't reach the clothes at the bottom of the basket when it's standing up, so she lays it down.  Bubby decided to help.

3 comments:

Stacey Wright said...

I remember you commenting on my blog how you hoped your kids would be friends like mine are. And look! Here you are with two cute little friends. (And they ARE cute.)

Heather said...

amazing that the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th child ever survives!!! So hilarious that video was to watch.

M said...

These pictures are so cute! I love it. I wonder if it's the age difference, or a particularly strong-willed 1st child, or a combination of both, but your description of your girls reminds me so much of my two kids...J is attached to his older sis in a way that's almost Stockholm-syndrome-esque. :-)