Emilia got a "fairy crown" for Christmas. It's basically a hoop with ribbon wrapped around it. She also got a matching necklace, skirt, and wand. She was wearing all of it the other day. At one point, the crown must have slipped down over her head because I overheard her scolding it: "No, crown! I already have a necklace!"
Emilia was playing the other morning when she told me we needed to go to America. I have no idea where she's even heard of America!
In the middle of a conversation about her favorite Barbie movie character, Elina, Emilia started talking about Olivia. There are no characters in her movies named Olivia, so I asked her who Olivia was. She responds matter-of-factly, "She's in your phone, Mommy." Haha. Apparently I text my friend Olivia more than I realized. :)
Emilia calls any kind of coin a "temptation." She also calls Steve's razor power cord his conscience. Apparently, he leaves his conscience in his bathroom drawer a lot.
I think Emilia misses her daddy during the week.
We were just starting to eat lunch the other day when Emilia told me she wanted to say a prayer. She said the essential parts, like "Dear Heavenly Father," and "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen," but in the middle, the only part I understood was "Thankful Daddy can come home tonight."
Emilia got out her fairy wand the other day about 5:30 (Steve doesn't get home until 6:30 or 7 usually) and tried to turn me into daddy.
We went to see Steve at work the other day. We had to go to the store afterward and I was telling Emilia that as we drove to Steve's work. Me: We still need to go to the store when we're done seeing Daddy, okay? Emi: No. Me: What do you mean? Emi: I stay with Daddy while you go to the store.You know you need a haircut when your 2-year-old tells you your hair is looking "weedy" and it needs hair medicine.
Emilia generally comes into our room to wake me up in the morning and if I don't feel like getting out of bed right away, she just crawls in and talks to us. Yesterday morning, she crawled in and gave me a hug and said, "I love you, Mommy. You're so beautiful." What a great way to wake up!
Potty training has been a really frustrating endeavor for me (as I'm sure it is for anyone, although I'm not sure anyone's kids are as confusing as Emilia in this department--anyway...), so I've had my share of trying to control my temper, not always with success. When she pooped in her panties for the second time the other day, I was at the point where I just didn't care anymore and calmly explained that if she couldn't go in the toilet, she was just going to have to wear diapers and not earn her reward Barbie. After she finished crying about not getting her Barbie, she came over, gave me a big hug, and said, "Thank you for not yelling." She is such a sweetie! She also came up to me while I was doing the dishes the other day, hugged my leg, and said, "Thank you for doing the dishes, Mommy."
1 comment:
Dang kids. They drive you crazy and then do super cute things like that. Good luck with the potty training. It isn't even a little bit fun. Unless you buy good snacks and steal them.
Post a Comment